- Located approximately 40km SW of Edmonton between the Towns of Calmar and Leduc in southern Alberta
- Easily accessible intersected by Hwy 39
- Occupies approximately 5,554 net acres of mineral and surface rights
- Development program targeting Nisku and Wabamun formations
- 100% working interest with the exception of one 60% W.I. well
Hanwei's Leduc Lands offers low and medium risk, multi-zone potential. The Nisku zone is Hanwei's primary target on its immediate drill program.
- The Nisku is a dolomitic reservoir containing slightly sour (0.2-2.5% H2S) light oil (38 degree API). The Nisku is about 30 to 35 meters thick and subdivided into "A", "B" & "C" porosity intervals, from top to bottom. Horizontal well technology is applicable to produce the remaining oil & gas in the Nisku "A" & "B" zones.
- The Wabamun is a by-passed dolomitic reservoir in the Leduc area. The Wabamun dolomite produces both medium oil (22 degree API) and natural gas (2.5%H2S). The Wabamun has good re-entry potential for development.
- The Ellerslie sandstone is a marine facies, thin but regional sandstone reservoir. The net pay ranges from 2 to 5 meters with an average porosity of 16% and permeability of 50 md.